Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Welcome Party for Suri.

On Friday, we celebrated a very important day: Suri now has a full-time Mommy and Daddy. She now lives with Joya and Wiley, and the cats. Joya and Suri came to our house so we could celebrate the special event with friends... D and Kaile and Baby Caitlyn (and their parents).

I went to Top to get the cake on Thursday, and the bakery lady spoke only a little English. She must have seen me at the grocery store with Liam before, so she suggested the black and orange Harley Davidson cake up front. "Vroom-vroom," she said, making handle bar motions with her hands. Then she added, "You like no motorcycle?"

"It's for a baby girl." I tried to explain flowers and pink. Why didn't I learn Russian in college?

She showed me the birthday cakes. One was green with an electric guitar. She then said, "Baby? No eat cake." I had to leave and come back the next day.

The regular cake lady was back on Friday and she made a beautiful pink cake with butterflies and flowers.