Thursday, January 22, 2009

More Conversations

Liam is still tending his flock of cows. They apparently live in the park in front of our house. They eat a lot, and swing. I mentioned this to Liam yesterday. I asked if all the swinging gives the cows indigestion. He tried to say indigestion. So now when I ask, most of the time the cows are still on the swings and eating. If they aren't on the swings they are on the slide. If they are on the slide they are not eating. Why not?

Cows full.

With total clarity, Liam recalled our trip to the pumpkin farm today. We were looking at a photo of Liam with the pumpkins.

He said "Liam pumpkins."

"At the farm," I told him.

"Train farm," referring to Remlinger Farm, where we went in October.

"Yes, what else was at the train farm?"

"Car. Drive Car, Liam."

(He drove a car along a track at the farm.)

"What else?"

"D. Shannon. Brian. Mommy. Daddy. Liam. Train. Car. Fun."

I know what you're thinking, but we don't have photos of all of us there. We haven't talked about it, nor have we been there since. He simply remembered all of it like a snapshot. Amazing.

Yesterday we had another amazing conversation. I've been teaching him to say President Obama. On Tuesday I explained the whole Inaugural Process and the President's job duties on the way to school. We practiced saying President Obama a few times. I really didn't think he was paying attention. Yesterday, the radio was on and NPR played a clip of Obama saying something random. From the back seat, without provocation, Liam said Pedident 'Bama. Amazing.