Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Strong Medicine

For nearly the last week, I was away from Liam. On Thursday, I went to have the stent removed from my pancreas. Everyone told me not to worry, but I had a feeling.

After I awoke from the procedure, I was in pain. So much pain that they kept me overnight. I don't really remember Friday, but I know there were visitors, including Liam.

The diagnosis was pancreatitis. It was really painful and no fun, but I did what the doctors said; I didn't eat or drink anything for days. Today I was let go, though I still feel pookie.

Lester, being the thoughtful husband, posted photos of Liam in my room. When it got rough, I could focus on him. Plus everyone asked me about him, which kept me thinking of him. Today, when they said I could stay another day (fully medicated) or go home, I didn't think about it for a second. So now I'm home, with my family, recovering faster than I could in any hospital. I'm surrounded by the strongest medicine in the world: Love.

Liam took my absence well, though Lester said he asked for me often, and looked all over the house to find me. Today he didn't want to leave school; obviously he had no idea that I was waiting for him at home.

It's good to be home. :-D