Monday, October 1, 2007

7 months old today!

How time flies. Little Bean has been around for seven months now. Now I know what all those parents mean when they talk about how much fun it is to watch the kids grow. I used to hear people say this, like when asked about their hobbies... and I was always amazed that anyone could get so exited to observe such a slow process. But now, as I see how Liam can grab his duck in the bath, and then decide to swap it out for the frog... and when he puts his little hand on the sparkley star on the page of his bedtime story book -- because he knows that's his job-- it leaves me speachless. Exactly seven months ago he was totally helpless, and now he can do things.

When he was tiny, we sang 'Happy Birthday' every week, and then every month. Well, no, actually, we would usually remember after he fell asleep every month. So sometimes I'd sneak in and sing, but mostly we agreed to wait until morning. And then we would forget.

Well just now, I almost forgot to sing to him again. This month I have every excuse to forget... I've got a cold, he's been cranky all day, etc. But I remembered. I even sang the bonus verse. He thanked me by wailing his normal two-minute goodnight cry, no longer than usual.

Goodnight Baby Bean